A standard 3-6ft tall 2×4 wooden board (not included) and wood screws (not included) are required to assemble your stand, in addition to the mount kit components.
1. Insert mount over the top of a standard 2×4 board. It should fit snugly. (Pic 1)
2. Use common woodscrews to attach mount to 2×4. (optional)
3. Install a ½ inch x 2″ carriage bolt and lock nut into your target.
4. Tighten until the target barely touches the very top edge of the mount so target can move as in picture. Do not over tighten. Target should move freely. Silhouettes should be 1 to 1 1/2 inches from 2×4 when properly mounted.
A standard 3-6ft tall 2×4 board (not included) and wood screws (optional – not included) are required to complete this assembly.
1. Fasten two legs together by putting tabs into set of holes farthest from tabbed end on other leg. Pic (1)
2. Insert 3rd leg tabs into 2nd leg’s set of holes closest to tabbed end to start creating a rectangle. Pic ( 2)
3. Insert 4th leg tabs into 1st and 3rd legs making a complete rectangle. (practice a few times to become efficient at the range). Pic (3)
4. Insert 2×4 board through the rectangular For more permanent stands install wood screws (not included) into legs and 2×4’s in holes provided.
5. If you desire to leave the Xbase together, slide the base adapter into the base as shown. It may be tight so wiggle it side to side until it reaches the bottom of the hole. Pic (4)
6. Install the 4 ½”x1/4” bolt into the hole provided, making sure it goes through the xbase assembly and the adapter. Pic (5)
7. Install wing nut on other side and xbase will now stay together. It will act slightly loose but will tighten up upon putting the 2×4 into the hole.
A standard metal fence t-post (not included) is required to complete this assembly.
1. Insert mount over the top of a standard t-post.
2. Ensure the bolts face the flat part of the t-post.
3. Tighten the two 5/16” bolts (included) until the mount is firm.
4. Install a ½ inch x 2″ carriage bolt and lock nut into your target.
5. Tighten until the target barely touches the very top edge of the mount so target can move as in picture. Do not over tighten. Target should move freely. Silhouettes should be 1 to 1 1/2 inches from t-post when properly mounted.
1. Insert carriage bolt into target front to back.Install washer over bolt on backside of target. Pic (1)
2. Install ½” regular nut leaving room between target and washer for room for mount. Tighten until the target barely touches the very top edge of the mount so target can move. Pic (2)
3. Install Target Lok.
4. Install ½” locking nut on the bolt behind Target Lok and tighten down so Target Lok rotates. Pic (3)
5. Put target on mount with Target Lok facing up, then rotate down locking the target on the mount. Pic (4)
A standard 3-6ft tall 2×4 board (not included) and 4 pieces of ¾”x4-5ft electrical conduit (not included) are required to complete this assembly. Conduit can usually be found at your local hardware store for a few dollars.
1. Slide each piece of ¾” conduit onto the 2×4-conduit connectors in pic (1)
2. Assemble AR500 Hook & Strap as in Pic (2). Note the target lock can be used open or closed depending on how much target swing is desired. Closed works more like a popper with quick reset, open swings like a pend-elem when struck. Pic (3)
3. Slide the AR500 Hook & Strap System onto the 2×4, making sure the target stop is facing the direction of the shooter as in pic (4).
4. Slide 2×4 board into the 2×4-conduit connectors and pull the conduit legs out to for an angled sawhorse design.
5. (Optional) Drill 3/8” holes in the end of conduit and install a 3/8” bolt to hold conduit-2×4 connectors to the conduit for portability.
6. Install ½”x2 ½ bolt (included) on to the target. Tighten bolt to target using nut and washer.
7. Install target/bolt onto the AR500 hanging strap and tighten remaining ½” lock nut until nut is flush with the end of the bolt leaving target hang loose and at an angle.
- Set base plate down and set 2×4 tube over bolt flanges. Attach Base plate to 2×4 tube with supplied 3/8 x 4″ bolt using 9/16″ wrenches. Pic (1)
2. Tighten bolt until snug. (note: tube will still have some side to side movement, ground will hold it upright when buried.) Pic (2)
3. Optional cap- Cut 2 inch piece of wood 2×4. Screw cap to the top of the wood 2×4 piece with wood screws. (not supplied) Pic (3)
4. Dig hole approximately 1 foot deep and 1 foot square. Set base in hole and slowly cover with dirt, making sure the tube is standing straight up and down. Pack firmly around the 2×4 tube, leaving 1 inch above ground. Optional- concrete tube in instead of dirt.
*** Do not leave wood 2×4’s in rangetube™ over night as wood 2×4’s swell over time and may not come out easily**
Thank you for purchasing your hostage target assembly. It will only take a few minutes to assemble and the only tool needed is a 1/2″ wrench.
- Flip 2×4 /t-post mount upside down (pic1). Insert supplied 3/8″x1 1/4″ carriage bolts through holes.
2. Carefully slide hostage target mount over carriage bolts with rings facing forward.(pic 2)
3. Tighten supplied 3/8″ lock nuts. (pic 3)
4. Slide assembled mount over wood 2×4 or t-post. (pic 4)
5. Slide hostage target paddle into hostage mount. Line up tab with slot and drop in. (pic 5)